Carpets: From Gum to Urine – Why Vacation Rentals Should Choose Wisely
Vacationing on the Brunswick County coast is filled with relaxation and fun.
However, for homeowners and property management firms managing a vacation rental property here comes with its own set of challenges.
The biggest issue that vacation rental owners grapple with is maintaining the cleanliness and appeal of the space.
In this blog, we will explore the challenges that carpets face at vacation rentals in our coastal areas, from dealing with gum, makeup, urine, and of course sand!
We’ll also discuss why replacing carpets with more practical flooring options can be a wise investment for property owners.
The Coastal Carpet Conundrum
- Gum Woes: Coastal vacations often involve kids and beach activities, and gum has a knack for finding its way onto carpets. The sticky residue is notoriously difficult to remove, especially when it needs to be quick before the next guest.
- Makeup Mishaps: Coastal getaways are synonymous with beauty and relaxation. While this is great for guests, makeup mishaps also mean leaving hard-to-clean marks on carpets.
- Urine Concerns: Today pets are very often part of the vacationing family, and accidents happen. Dealing with pet urine stains and odors on carpets can be not only unpleasant but also a recurring issue.
- Sand Everywhere: Coastal properties near the beach often find sand to be one of the biggest challenges. Sand is everywhere and is quote abrasive causing premature wear and tear on carpets, making them difficult to keep clean.
4 Reasons Why Considering Alternatives Can Save You Money
- Vacation rentals experience high foot traffic and a revolving door of guests. Carpets need frequent steam cleaning and often a full replacement. Choosing more durable flooring, such as LVP or tile, can reduce the need for constant maintenance and extend the life of your flooring.
- Carpets can harbor allergens and unpleasant odors, especially in the high humidity of our area. Hard flooring options are easier to clean and maintain, ensuring a cleaner living space for guests.
- Replacing carpets with more modern and stylish flooring options can enhance the overall look of the property. This can positively impact guest satisfaction and reviews, potentially increasing the property’s rental value and amount of bookings.
- Cleaning and maintaining carpets can be time-consuming and costly. Hard flooring surfaces are generally easier to clean, with many options being resistant to staining, ensuring a more hassle-free experience for property owners, management firms, and guests.
While the soft and cozy feel of carpets may seem appealing, they pose unique challenges when used in coastal vacation rentals.
From dealing with gum, makeup, pet urine, to sand, maintaining carpets in such an environment can be a never-ending struggle.
Choosing alternative flooring options, such as LVP or tile can offer numerous benefits, including increased durability, improved cleanliness, improved style, and easier maintenance.
This investment not only streamlines property management but also elevates the overall guest experience, ensuring that your coastal vacation rental continues to be favorite destination for guests seeking a relaxing and hassle-free coastal vacation.
So, if you own or manage a vacation rental property at the coast, consider replacing carpets with more practical and resilient flooring options to reap the long-term rewards.
If you’d like to work with our flooring specialist that lives in Holden and knows these struggles personally, contact us today!
Ready to Replace Your Carpet?
Contact us and let’s chat!